Welcome to Baker's Barber & Cosmetology College,
We would like to thank you for choosing this institution to further your education in barber/cosmetology styling training. We strive for each student to pass all state requirements leading into a successful career.
Lets Get Started!
As a student of Baker’s Barber & Cosmetology College, this letter of agreement confirms the duties and responsibilities of the followings:
• School hours are Tuesday through Saturday 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
• Students must sign only their own time card. This is strictly enforced. If a student leaves the building at any time he/she must leave their
time card with the receptionist.
• Students are required to be in class at 8:00a.m. no later than 8:10a.m., you are tardy and will not be allowed in the classroom, nor be able to sign in until
theory class is over.
• Students who continue to be tardy (5 times in a month)
1st Offense - Student will receive a WRITTEN WARNING,
2nd Offense - Student will be SUSPENDED FOR 1 WEEK, and if tardiness continues he/she may be placed on probation until tardiness stops or terminated.
• In case of an illness or emergency, the student must call the school before 9:00a.m. each morning of an absence.
• All students are required to wear a barber smock and name tag issued by the school.
• Absolutely no open toed shoes and heel work or canvas type school.
• No hats, headbands, scarfs or any headgear is allowed.
• Students sign in and out when entering and leaving the building.
• Students must sign in and out for all lunch breaks. A thirty (30) minutes lunch break should be taken when a student’s attends a 6 hour class day more. If a student attends class less than 6 hour day and wants to take a break, then 30 minutes must be deducted from their time. If a student fails to clock out for lunch after attending school for 6 hours the student will be given time for the entire day.
• No student is allowed to sign in or out another student.
• Smoking or alcohol is not allowed inside or in front of the building at any time. No student will be allowed in the facility that is under
• No gambling or loitering is allowed.
• No visitors are permitted in the classroom or student lounge are unless given permission.
• The school business phone may not be used for personal calls. A student cannot leave a client to answer calls, nor may he/she be able to use cell
phones on the clinical floor, all phones, must be off or on silent. No, IPOD’S MP3 or any types of earphone players are allowed.
• Students work area must be clean before leaving every day.
• All students serving the public must be courteous and pleasant. Students must take all appointments assigned to them. Failure to take
patron is ground for suspension.
• Students must not gather around the receptionist desk, congregate in the office, or visit another student who is busy with a patron.
• A student must attend school on all SATURDAYS.
• No profanity towards a staff member or another student will be tolerated. Students must comply with college policies and state rules and regulations.
• Absence three days or more without notification shall be considered cause for suspension. Any student absent more than 21 days without notifying the instructor may be considered for termination.
• 1500 hours for completion: 10 month course.
• Barbering Course $5,000.00 tuition fee is $5,000.00. Cosmetology Course tuition fee is $5,000.00.
• Students that break any school policies, or any use of drugs or sell drugs, alcohol, on the premises they will be terminate immediate.
• All students are required to wear uniforms during school hours; if not in uniform you will be sent home and will not receive any hours.
• It is mandatory for all students to attend on Saturdays.
• Student are not allowed to have personal friends, or family members to gather, if they are not getting any services.
• NO REFUND, only if the school closes while attending.
• ALL FEES MUST BE PAID UPON COMPLETION BEFORE HE/SHE IS ABLE TO APPLY FOR LICENSE.
Notice Of Student’s
Right and Refund Policy
The student has the right to cancel this enrollment agreement and obtain a refund of charges paid through attendance on the first day of
class, or seventh day after enrollment whichever is later. THERE WILL BE NO REFUND AFTER THAT DAY. Cancellation occurs when the
student give notice of cancellation to the Director, at the address of the school. Cancellation notices are to be addressed to the address
Requirements of Graduation
The barbering course requires a student in a 1500 hour course shall cover no less than the allotted time for the practical an theoretical phases of the course. When a student has completed the required theory and practical hours with a grade point average of "C” or better with the tuition paid in full, student are then assisted in completing the necessary documents to file for the Board of Barbering Licensing Examination. Once completed BBC will award the student with a diploma certifying his/her graduation. Method of Payments The financial officer will develop a personalized program for each individual. Available payments schedules are weekly or monthly. Itemization and total tuition and fees:
Any refunds of unearned tuition and fees due to contract termination will be made within (45) forty-five days from the student withdrawal date. A written notice must be received from the student requesting to withdrawal from the program or after (10) ten days of consecutive absence and without any type of communication that may have not been received therefore the student would be considered terminated. (a) Baker’s Barber College will refund (90%) of tuition if a student should withdraws within the first week of classes. (b) Students, terminating after the first week of the program, within the first 25% of program, the student then will be charge no more than 50% of the contract fee and a termination fee of $100.00. (c) Students, terminating after 25% of the program but less than 50% of the program, the student then will be charge no more than 75% of the contract fee and termination fee of $100.00. (d)Students, terminating after 50% or more of the program will not be entitled to a refund.